What Is A Mercury Retrograde?
Ever have a week when nobody understands you? Your cell phone erases itself, people argue over nonsense, traffic sucks, and your computer crashes as you’re typing the last sentence of your Great American Novel. Flights are delayed or cancelled, or you forget your passport at home on the way to Mexico. Plans change without warning and your friends stand you up. Even if you’re already a drama queen, this is just BEYOND.
Well said, and thank you AstroStyle for a great article
click to read more, they have a LOT more info than I do!!
Right now actually, it started a week ago..
Thank goodness a third of the way through already!
(but it took me just over a week to get all this info together!)
August 30-September 22, 2016
Plan for the first day of Fall to be when it all goes back to normal... Well kind of (there is the Shadow Period, the Retrograde Woogy as I like to call it, (The Woogy is a Charmed reference, check it out) (Or a Mary reference, There is just something about her, right? you know, Woogy aka Dom? lmfao)
The Retrograde Woogie, or the Shaddow Period is the time leading up to, and following the retrograde. Yes technically it is a bit longer, but not as ANNOYING as the retrograde itself
- I go to buy something, Use my card and type in my password.... wrong... three times. This literally just happened to me the other day. (CRAP, I thought I was using a different card.... Fog Brain Confusion!)
- Waiting for someone to call because they said they would, and they thought you were going to call THEM... lack of communication leads to unnecessary arguments
- Problems with Technology- phone isn't working like normal, Facebook and other web pages having loading issues happen FAR MORE during a retrograde than any other time, I swear! Texts not going through, until hours later missing the event you were invited to...Your call stalls in the middle of the intersection, or there is a major brown or blackout for hours. Anything can happen.. think of Murphy when you hear Mercury Retrograde is coming...
- Accidentally posting the wrong photo and OOPS, YOU got a scandal on your hands lots of celebrities go through this, but so do every day people, you just don't hear about it as much... I BET most of those happened during a retrograde
- You go to buy something you NEED RIGHT NOW (like toilet paper or feminine products (something embarrassing usually) and OOPS, Lines are down, Can't run your card. do you have CASH?
- or even "Whats the price on....." over the loud speaker (I count that as lack of communication, and lack of sense..fog brain on their account, I am sure you don't want them telling the whole store that you need a price on tampons or hemorrhoid cream This makes me think of a trivia question my uncle helped me win concert tickets for... What is the NUMBER #1 shop-lifted item among stores? Hemorrhoid Cream, Preparation H to be exact! They are avoiding the communication altogether I guess! But guess what... That is probably the time they will MOST LIKELY be caught. I would rather deal with the Price Check embarrassment!)
- Going on vacation, getting off the plane, head to the hotel and the Taxi goes the wrong way costing you 2 times as much, and when you finally get there, OOPS "YOU LOST MY RESERVATION?" What are you TALKING about, I made it MONTHS ago! We Verified!!) (lack of communication and technology screw ups
- You are talking to a friend, in person or on the phone, and they continuously ask you to repeat yourself... I think of Will Farrell in Austin Powers when the retrograde comes around.
- You are in your car waiting at the light to turn green, and WTF, the light SKIPS you and someone ELSE gets to go when you have been waiting LONGER... yep, it does happen, especially during a retrograde.
- Your thoughts tend to get jumbled as do your words, and don't come out the way you wanted, at all... (again has led to many unnecessary arguments.
- You and a friend get into a HUGE fight... over something stupid like the way something was said, and was taken the wrong way, or they THOUGHT you said something else TOTALLY different than what you DID say. (I NEVER hold a grudge when it comes to Retrogrades. They are FULL of unnecessary fights because of this. If we had a fight, and it was during a retrograde, argument stricken, USUALLY... unless it wasn't a misunderstanding lol)
- Order something in the mail, and BOOM... never shows, what happened to it...I hope you had tracking on it!
When my iPhone's Music app resets while switching between apps, it forgets the current playlist. Does that happen to you? @AppleSupport— Ben Landis (@benlandis) September 5, 2016
- What To Avoid During The Retrograde
*Anxiety moment I know what will happen, and don't even get me started #anxietysucks !
Don't be worried
about the retrograde tough,
This is a great time for RE-ANYTHING
Get in that garage and start going through all your stuff, sell what you dont need.
This also leaves you open for new things when the retrograde is over!
Take that old tablecloth you have been using forever, and put it up, Use the one that has been sitting in your closet for years!
It's time! When you ReDecorate during a retrograde, you take the focus off what drives you nuts, and focus on how you can make things better with what you already have!
Memberships that is
(again do NOT sign up for new things, just renew things, Magazines, Gym Memberships that kind of thing)
with friends, but try not to talk TOO much, Go see a movie, make Pottery together.
(JUST DON'T bring up the past argument you had, just FORGET it even happened)
(biggest tip during the retrograde, THINK before you SPEAK, AND Speak Clearly. This takes the "What?" "Sorry, What did you say" out of the equation most of the time. Plan your words so you KNOW what you are going to say, and how it will sound before you say it. You don't want another argument and lost friendship over when you said "Nice Hat" when they think you said "You're Fat" You know... Stupid Miscommunications!
(no this didn't happen to me, took a few minutes to come up with an example though!)
Review or Reread
(teachers, Please try to wait on pop quizzes til AFTER the retrograde It will be better for EVERYONE)
This is the best time to cram for tests, not take them.
That leads to all kinds of added anxieties! A TEST during the Retrograde?? I hope this isn't an online test! You have a sharpener that isn't electric right? Please be multiple choice! I can't cope with an essay right now, my brain is backwards,Words just don't HAPPEN
Basically ANYTHING that starts with RE- is good during a retrograde. Work with WHAT you already have, Organize it, and things will go smoother in no time.
Rewatch or Listen
OK, this isn't really a thing, but I dont like to start new shows during a retrograde for fear of them being canceled, Or any other number of reasons... *Anxiety moment All the shows I LOVE and start getting into get cancelled, #Firefly, #Don'tTrusttheB, #SamanthaWho, #Popstars (the original American Idol Before American Idol) and #Freaks and Geeks!! So I leave this time to watch what I already have, and love. Leave the new shows for way after the retrograde. If they get canceled during this time i am taking off, I wont have to get into something that will just to be disappointed in being over later.
Also, Listen to Queen. Freddy will make you forget you are even IN a retrograde sometimes!
I really like the tweet below that brought these two together. Genius
Oh and Cooks...
Don't try to take on Dinner Parties with NEW recipes.
You want a recipe for disaster? You will DEFINITELY have it!
Just think of....
The Woogie episode
I can almost bet that the storyline took place during a retrograde,
all KINDS of mishaps with communication, technology, misunderstandings or misrepresentations
(well they were possessed lol, but still)
and in the KITCHEN!
Thank you so much for Visiting Anxiety 2 Art!
Don't forget to subscribe at the top and add me to your social media sites!
As well as check out the links below every post, that's where you will find a LOT more about each topic I bring up.
I will also Randomly mention my trivia site,
Random Recognizer because some posts I say here SOMEWHAT relate to posts there....
Like the Charmed link above AND here goes to my post titled Charming Jamie
(you will see when you get there what it means)
Anyway, Don't stress too hard about the retrograde, It happens whether you want it to or not, Just go with the flow and use these tips to ease through it the best you can. Three weeks go by quickly, after the first 2 weeks are over... lol
Founded in 1792, probably mentions the retrograde every year, did you know that?
Another good site for info
This site has TONS more Do's and Dont's to go through, I had a lot of fun reading this one!
#MercuryRetrograde, #Anxiety, #anxietysucks #Frustration, #recipefordisaster, #organize #OhFreddyNotTheRetrograde #retrogradewoogy